Mission Address

Japan Nagoya Mission
1-304 Itakadai, Meito-ku
Nagoya, Japan T465-0028

Sunday, September 3, 2017

weekly mission email

This week in Tsu: 

I've found that the more I actually understand the scriptures, the more I want to go out and preach the gospel. Isaiah is a powerful teacher, and a great motivator. 

Reis has been eating hotdogs wrong his entire life. Silly Brazilians are making a sausage stew-type thing and then pouring it into the buns. 
"Doesn't it all just fall out the ends when you go to eat it?"
"That is the problem with this." 

We called a guy this week who's been hanging around in the records for 10+ years, and made contact! Turns out he's moved recently to a city called Kihou--right on the very edge of the area below us (Ise). The city is basically a town made up of three streets, and is split in half by a river which also divides the Japan Nagoya mission from the Japan Kobe mission. Takes five hours by train to get there (from the Ise apartment) ...let's go! 

We were in a rush biking around late at night, but starved out of our minds, and so decided to grab and go with Take-Out at Sukiya (a rice bowl restaurant out here). Literally took less than a minute for them to prepare and hand us the food. I don't think I've ever seen even McDonald's have such fast service. 

At our apartment check, the Senior Couple told us to take out all of the grass we had growing in our small garden outside (because we have a mini house for an apartment). I guess that's the reason behind the sneaky small bugs we had weezling into the apartment, and trains of ants on the countertops! 

We had transfer announcements Friday night, and I got my text pretty much on time, but Elder Reis' never came. We're just gonna assume that he's staying by default. 

I dunno why, but we keep running into guys from India who happen to be Christian and are looking for a church with English translation services. Well, you found one! 

It was an interesting week. 

愛しています!

カードん長老より
Elder Cardon





The food is a Brazilian treat called Brigadeiro, made up of Condensed Milk and cocoa powder and butter. He's using butter as anyone would use spray to keep food from sticking and is attempting to make little chocolate balls to put into the mini tin cups. But, it failed. Miserably. 


Look like donuts, but actually, it's a local treat made up of a honey dough and red bean paste filling. Almost like a custard donut, but really small. Only 60€ 





1 comment:

  1. The Brazilian treat reminds me of my attempt to make fudge in Germany as an exchange student. I could make really good fudge at home, but in Germany I was lacking a few ingredients: like marshmallows and chocolate chips. I remember trying to take the marshmallow creme filling out of bonbons to substitute. Needless to say, my fudge looked and tasted like chocolate pudding. We served it in bowls with a spoon instead of cutting it up to eat with our fingers. (I just didn't tell them it was supposed to be any different than what they experienced!)

    ReplyDelete