Mission Address

Japan Nagoya Mission
1-304 Itakadai, Meito-ku
Nagoya, Japan T465-0028

Sunday, January 14, 2018

weekly email

I’m in the promised land! 

Lots and lots to do up here in Ichinomiya. The apartment needs a spot of cleaning, and there’s some mundane organizational stuff left between our phones, but the icing takes the cake in Finding and Member work. Ooh, so many miracles yet to see! I’m giddy with excitement. 

Last week, we reached out to about 200 people. Not bad, but I’m expecting more like 700. 

There’s a bawler Member up here who goes knocking on doors with missionaries for an hour every week. He’s also a recently returned LA. 

Eikaiwa is a small mess, but it has a ton of potential. 

We work with about 10 ward missionaries here. That’s insane! 

Last week, it froze over in cold. I think we approached Record levels for this area. Like, it snowed two days in a row! Whoa... :0 
Hahaha my companion helps me to always check if I have double socks before leaving for the day. He’s the best. 

One night, on the return trip home we followed up with a man of potential (MOP) (hahaha that acronym isn’t real) (I wish’) and he puts on his coat to step outside, and hounds us with questions about churches and beliefs. It was kinda rocky, but we taught a couple things and he expressed interest in going on a rant again, so we offered to trade LINE and come back another day. It worked. Good man. 

Small miracles everywhere. A different appointment was canceled last second, but we had a member with us to help teach, so instead we visited two people that I didn’t know existed! (They weren’t in the missionary records). The second one opens up to a Peruvian Member, and I knew it. Time to shine. I pulled out every bit of Portuguese and Spanish that I knew was somewhat comprehensive, and this guy was impressed! Like, I bore a short testimony and asked how his BOM reading was. Then, he replied asking what culture I was, and I had no clue but I guessed “American,” and that was the correct answer. The man came to church on Sunday. 

I’m approaching the verge of lonnng Email, but last one I promise. Sunday night, we had big plans to book out to a huge apartment complex and talk with everyone there. But, our bike lights both went out. Then, after a bit of charging and on our way, Elder Magalhaes crashes hardcore over some black ice on a corner! Now limited in range, we knocked on the nearest apartments and got fortunate, but not quite favorable, replies. This continues, and then next to one apartment is a garage-looking type small apartment. Kinda sketch, and I didn’t even notice it, but the last door opened up and a nice young Japanese man who responded favorably to us. Finally. Actually, we taught half a lesson and got a return appointment on the spot. It was miraculous! 

Hahaha and then Elder Magalhaes crashes again, hardcore, on some black ice on the way home. Poor fellow ripped his new Dendo pants.

愛しています!

カードん長老より
Elder Cardon 

No comments:

Post a Comment