Mission Address

Japan Nagoya Mission
1-304 Itakadai, Meito-ku
Nagoya, Japan T465-0028

Sunday, February 11, 2018

weekly letter

Last week in Ichinomiya was a rollercoaster 

We were phoning people and PI Kobayashi pops up. 
There’s a super long list of potential investigators stuck in the phone, so we’ve been trying to clean it up about once a week. A lot of people's numbers are no longer connected, so that makes things easier. One guy we called was pretty old, 60s I’d wager, but seemed pretty interested. He’s a funny dude who spoke weird English. I guess he’s from Brazil, but he’s been I Japan for about half his life now. The bomb was dropped when he said that he converted recently and lives in Seto, a city above Nagoya but an entire Zone away! I have no idea why we had Kobayashi's number, but I made an appointment for him to come to church on Sunday so we’ll see how that went. 

Two people committed to coming to church, and one handicapped lesson. 
Thursday we seemed to have no time because of all these unexpected blessings. The first guy we talked with on the street actually went to a Christian College and was interested in more, and then much later, 10 minutes before an appointment, we felt weird about going in early and so decided to knock on a couple doors; we found a Brazilian lady whose Dad is actually Mormon! Nice. 
After the appointment, we knocked on more doors and were welcomed inside by one big man. We sat down at his kitchen table and taught a full-length lesson, which took a ton of time and actually canceled another appointment we had set up. It was late and we were reaching curfew.  But we met the father on the way out, and it turns out that the big man was handicapped, probably. A really nice dude, though, there’s no other way I would’ve spent my evening. 

Exchanges with Elder Wesemann. 
Hahaha can I say more? It was a blast. Love my MTC comp. Maybe ate too much pizza, though. 

Somebody had way too many tacos, the ceiling fan blew out. 

愛しています!

カードん長老より
Elder Cardon 


Q: Are you swatting for bed bugs?
A: Ah, I forgot to tell you. The dust allergy got really really bad last week. I literally couldn’t even breathe through my nose, it was so congested. So we’re trying to beat out all the house dust to the best of abilities. Also saw the doctor and he fixed me up for a couple days.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment