Mission Address

Japan Nagoya Mission
1-304 Itakadai, Meito-ku
Nagoya, Japan T465-0028

Sunday, May 6, 2018

weekly mission email

The updates on my missionary life: 
I heard a dirty joke for the first time in about a year and it honestly shocked me. Like, I was not ready for the emotional punch. I had never thought about how separated I am from the world right now, but after that I’m starting to think I’m not ready to go back. I can just be a missionary forever. 

Training is the  best thing ever and we are blessed beyond compare. We held a special fast to help investigators actually come to church, and then within 24 hours two of our most promising investigators were there! 

I had thought about settling down for the last stretch—after adjusting to Trainer life, I can just work like this for the last three months. But no, responsibilities are only increasing and I’ve been called District Leader again. This time I want to do it right. The transfers with Elder Magalhães were only a small respite! 
We were also called in to Nagoya to give a presentation to the new Trainers on successful companion relationships. Good timing, I don’t think I’ve ever had a better one! 

Last week, we were insanely busy not necessarily because we have a ton of appointments, but more because the travel time between each appointment is huge. About an hour bike ride between each one, and the way the trains are set up doesn’t make taking trains any faster. 

It was way cool to go to the Nagoya Stake Sports Festival two years in a row. This time, we had an investigator go with us. I spent forever running between wards because I’ve only ever served in this Stake and now needed to talk to everyone there. Even some people whom I’ve forgotten are recognizing me. 

Quote from Elder Canuto from several weeks back: (situation- the sisters gave us their surplus loaf of bread) 
“You are an ..Angel, Sister!” (English is slow, sometimes) “We were eating cereals with water!!” 
Yeah, we gave the District Leader his drink option of Hot Water or Cold Water, only to check the fridge and see that there was no more water left in the Cold Water pitcher! 

愛しています!

カードん長老より
Elder Cardon






No comments:

Post a Comment