Mission Address

Japan Nagoya Mission
1-304 Itakadai, Meito-ku
Nagoya, Japan T465-0028

Sunday, May 27, 2018

weekly mission email

I remember a lesson I taught one Sunday about a year ago. 
There are three pillars to the Plan of Salvation, and the Atonement is one of them. I’ll spare the details, but if you read 3 NE 28:11 it says: 
11 And the Holy Ghost beareth record of the Father and me; and the Father giveth the Holy Ghost unto the children of men, because of me. 
Everyone mentions how much the Spirit does the work, that really we can only be the tools through which the Spirit will truly accomplish the Lord's will. How can we gain the Spirit if we do not use the Atonement? I would wager that every time you feel the Spirit, it is because of the Atonement of Jesus Christ. 

An infinity symbol touches at a single, threadbare point before continuing on and on in endless loops. What does this say for our time now? How much more can we use our time for others? 

愛しています!

カードん長老より
Elder Cardon



Ah, there might be one last thing. Just a shoutout to Bishop Foley, thanks for having us (priests) go take the sacrament to shut-ins of the ward. Love them. This transfer the mission is emphasizing using family history, and while we haven’t found a solid investigator from it yet we’ve certainly made some grandmas' days by listening and trading stories about ancestors for a while. We talked like 30 min to a grandma last night before we could slip out and come home before curfew. It was nostalgic for a moment. It made me want to go visit old folks' homes every week and just talk with people (potential college service activity when I get back). Bishop Foley made me feel the Spirit of Elijah before I ever even understood what the regular Spirit is.

No comments:

Post a Comment