Mission Address

Japan Nagoya Mission
1-304 Itakadai, Meito-ku
Nagoya, Japan T465-0028

Sunday, July 15, 2018

weekly email

I’ve turned into a melting pot. There was a time in my mission a certain elder had it really hard and I wondered, “what’s his problem?” But now the tables have turned and I’m in his position. 

I thought before that my companion was a melting pot because nobody can pin where he’s from or what he is.  Haha 

A comforting talk I read described this experience as Mind Over Matter, or else Spirit Over Body. It’s President Nelson speaking in Oct.1985.  “Part of each test is to determine if your body can become mastered by the spirit that dwells within it.” 

Our Zone Conference with the new President was one of the most spiritual conferences of my mission. There were Many things I definitely needed to hear, and sometimes I learned from the very things I was saying—so that’s a good indicator that the Spirit was there!  

I continue to have a lot of cool experiences like meeting a full-Japanese lady who-s Muslim and her wonderful family who never before thought to do things like Family History. 
Also, a professional painter who knows more details about the small moments of the bombing of Pearl Harbor than I would wager most of the sailors even knew; he liked the story of the Hawaiian Temple and called back saying that he was deeply impressed by it and wanted to capture the moment in paint. Excited to see how that goes.

愛しています!

カードん長老より
Elder Cardon 

Our legendary Costco spree






No comments:

Post a Comment