Mission Address

Japan Nagoya Mission
1-304 Itakadai, Meito-ku
Nagoya, Japan T465-0028

Sunday, August 13, 2017

weekly mission email

We had a lot of random moments this week..


Typhoon Noru: Our house is leaking. Ants are crawling in!

We went posting: big mistake. Ouch, sunburnt. Turned into three midday
hours. At least we finished the neighborhood.

Accidentally housed a new Eikaiwa student and got two referrals out of it.

I subbed in for our Beginner's Class Eikaiwa. Mid-aged women
eikaiwaaa--Round 2, cause I've subbed for them before when the sisters
are out and about with appointments. Basically I just ask them about
their mom lives and they love it.

Zone Conference: wow.
AP training was incredible.
Things learned/impressed: The story of Nephi going to get the plates.
They went 3X. Was that because they didn't have faith? No, there were
valuable lessons to be learned. Faith is a principle of Action and
Power. The Lord's way is to be loyal to what you know to be true, take
a step into the dark (take action), and power will FOLLOW. When we
pray, we can pray for our performance to be consecrated, instead of
praying for the strength to do something.
Got back super late, didn't even finish transferring contacts from the
phone, but I got pickles out of it!

All day in Matsusaka. There were some funny moments.
We had Studies in a park. "Uh.. elder, the library is closed." After
spending like an hour between OYM's finding it.
Those infernal kids! They stole my Conbini seat!
--after a long, difficult bike ride with multiple lost points-- "it
says, 'may have moved'"
(..Elder, that's the wrong pin.)
That guy is staring at us.. man, I wanted to take a photo shoot.
We're borrowing nice, large Kid MOUNTAIN BIKES provided by a member.
Matching yellow and I got the nice helmet.
It's late; Let's go home. --proceed to Immediately get separated and lost--
“Ok, meet me at McDonald's! ...Elder, where are you? At McDonald's?
But I'm..“ {you see, we had each found a different McDonald's}
(ok, where are you?) "Well, I'm at an intersection.." (that doesn't
help, elder..) "..next to a yakiniku restaurant.." --facepalm--
Coming home late and tired.

Finally Meeting with Branch Pres Ootani!! Man, that was so good. We
learned all about the Branch and exactly what we need to do to give it
the little push it needs to become a ward. Tsu literally is teetering
on the fence line for ward-ship and only needs that last little
stretch. All of our work has just become so much clearer, so much more
in focus.

I have a talk ...and, translation services?! So I was first called to
give a sacrament talk the day before, but then the translator lady was
on holiday, so right before the meeting began I was asked to do the
English translations. So I ended up giving my talk, pausing after each
line to give the subsequent translation, and then finishing the rest
of the session as well. It totally butchered the joke story I had been
going for. Oh, well.

愛しています!

カードん長老より
Elder Cardon








No comments:

Post a Comment